повідомлення Jan 21 2013, 17:38
Повідомлення #1

Organizer, event manager

Група: Организаторы
З: Kyiv
Користувач №: 48 030

Mental Torment
death/doom, Київ

Столичний Death / Doom Metal гурт, створений 2009 році, який грає мелодійний, атмосферний дум-метал та добре відомий українському слухачу. За плечима колективу 2 повноформатні альбоми, а також участь у багатьох тематичних фестивалях, зокрема "Doom Over Kyiv" з такими гуртами, як Saturnus та Autumnia.

Mental Torment - On the Verge...

Mental Torment - ego:genesis

Приєднані файл(и)
Приєднаний файл  2023_10_28_Sign_of_Samhain_Mental_Torment.jpg ( 442.68Кб ) Кількість викачувань: 0

Вернуться в начало страницы

+Quote Post
3 Сторінки V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Відповідей
manson
повідомлення Jan 23 2013, 20:27
Повідомлення #2

Тусовщик

Група: Участники
З: КИЕВ
Користувач №: 10 205

мои поздравления!!! Достойный материал beer.gif

+Quote Post
tiptoer
повідомлення Jan 23 2013, 21:14
Повідомлення #3

Свояк

З: Запорожье
Користувач №: 37 547

не сочтите за спам, но все же интересное у вас название коллектива ..... почти что Monumental Torment degenerat.gif

+Quote Post
FumoFFu
повідомлення Feb 1 2013, 12:47
Повідомлення #4

Заглянувший

З: Киев
Користувач №: 27 755

Молодцы, очень недурно! Творческих успехов beer.gif

+Quote Post
Cherep
повідомлення Feb 6 2013, 18:12
Повідомлення #5

поет-экскременталист, спамер

Користувач №: 329
Вконтакте

Хороший тур - удачно вам смотаться!

+Quote Post
Slavonic
повідомлення Feb 13 2013, 23:06
Повідомлення #6

Наведывающийся

Користувач №: 45 633

Господи, да это же шикарная новость, братушки. Правда, Летаргию я даже не слышал. Но МТ - наше все!

+Quote Post
Cherep
повідомлення Apr 5 2013, 17:50
Повідомлення #7

Вконтакте

Весна придёт на вечеринке Kiev Kills!
Не пропустите!
6-го апреля - Kiev Kills: Gothic/Metal/Doom Night!
http://vk.com/kievkills_birthdayparty

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення Apr 8 2013, 11:56
Повідомлення #8

Гости

Рецензия от metal-temple.com
So here we have the debut album from the Ukrainian Doom / Death band MENTAL TORMENT. This is going to be quite straightforward: if the hair at the back of your neck stands straight with the typical MY DYING BRIDE atmosphere but you also wants that SATURNUS-esque melody and all that with a hint of MOURNING BELOVETH thrown in the mix, well then… you will also appreciate “On The Verge”. The intro of the album, “The Path To Shining”, sets the mood quite nicely here and from the beginning of “Maelstrom” you can feel the waves of influence coming from SATURNUS. The album in general is quite melodic, the work on the lead parts is done really nicely and with great care, the growling vocals (with the occasional use of a few clean ones) and the slow tempo which at points can get almost Funeral-Doom-slow for instance about three minutes in “My Torment” are working together splendidly. There is definitely heart and technicality put into the songs in this album and genuine appreciation for the subgenre of Doom / Death in general, with tracks such as “Unspoken Word” with the great groove on the drums and the amazing leads on the guitar (especially on the part with the clean vocals), and especially the highlight of the album for me “Cold Rusted Flame” (even though the title still makes no sense to me) with the heavy distorted guitars setting a pace with the drums and the keyboards lifting the track just as much as it is needed without them being distracting, the cleaner part about a couple of minutes in the track with the spookier vocals acts like a really well designed break, it does occurs in some other instances giving some variety to the album. I usually prefer my Doom / Death a bit dirtier and meaner but if you prefer the more melodic side of Doom / Death, and some of your favorite bands are SATURNUS, MOURNING BELOVETH and OFFICIUM TRISTE then MENTAL TORMENT should be your next logical step. “On The Verge” is a strong first release; let’s see where they take it from here.

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: May 15 2013, 01:16

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення May 15 2013, 01:10
Повідомлення #9

Гости

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Jun 7 2013, 16:17

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення May 18 2013, 22:48
Повідомлення #10

Гости

Рецензия от португальцев
Pensa numa banda que toca um Death/Doom nos moldes do Mourning Beloveth, mas com a veia melуdica do Officium Triste. Esta banda chama-se Mental Torment. Apesar de nгo apresentarem nada de inovador, podemos sentir atravйs de suas linhas de guitarra uma sinceridade нmpar. O disco abre com uma pequena intro ”The Path To Shining” que serve de aperitivo para o que o disco nos reserva. ”Maelstrom” й a primeira faixa e observando a capa, encontramos um nбufrago e os vocais ”desesperados” de Mad acabam que nos levando para ela e acabamos nos sentindo como se nуs estivйssemos а deriva. ”My Torment” й a maior faixa do disco e dentro de seus 8 minutos temos um andamento carregado de tristeza, ainda mais se o ouvinte se deixar levar pelas linhas de guitarras de Miha Esp e Ross. ”Unspoken Word” tem uma pegada bem Mourning Beloveth, com fortes riffs de guitarra, peso e melodia na dose certa. Destaque para a atmosfera que ela cria lб pela metade dela. ”Cold Rusted Flame” й uma mъsica com uma velocidade um pouco maior do que o restante encontrado no бlbum. Mas nгo esperem que ela termine com algum blast beat, pois tгo logo ela embala, hб uma quebrada em seu andamento deixando novamente lenta. Vale destacar uma passagem com as guitarras limpas e os vocais mezzo guturais de Mad que vai guiando a faixa. Essa mъsica carrega consigo um certo grau de melancolia, deixando-a como uma das melhores mъsicas do disco. ”I see this End” й uma faixa bem ”down-tempo” e atй um pouco atmosfйrica, seguindo numa linha My Dying Bride da fase do grandioso The Angel and the Dark River, sу que sem os violinos. ”The Tragedy” vem no mesmo feeling do inнcio do бlbum, ou seja, muita melodia e tristeza. E a ъltima faixa ”The Drowned Man” й toda instrumental, selando de forma melancуlica o fim do nбufrago. Mental Torment – On the Verge (Solitude-Prod)

1. The Path To Shining (intro)
2. Maelstrom
3. My Torment
4. Unspoken Word
5. Cold Rusted Flame
6. I See This End
7. Tradegy
8. The Drowned Man
Ссыль

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: May 19 2013, 02:07

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення May 21 2013, 00:06
Повідомлення #11

Гости

Рецензия от портала Brutalism
Death Doom. A combination of Death Metal and Doom Metal. Bandʼs like Mental Torment combine the two genres of metal to create slow atmospheric heavily distorted crushing music. The music is like an enormous wall crashing down on a society very slowly. Mental Torment really knows how to stretch out their songs too because most of their songs are around seven minutes. These Ukrainianʼs do leave a strong impression with their debut album “On the Verge”. However, that impression may take some time as the album is no short and simple release. Exaggerated guitar riffs are a main theme on each track. The band messes around with different tempos, so the drumming creates these unique Doom Metal rhythms that seem to morph overtime compared to the other instruments. Another tool Mental Torment uses to create long universal wide sounding atmospheric songs is by coming up with mellow keyboard and piano parts. With the keyboards I like how they are used do create dark transient atmospheres which give the songs a mesmerizing edge. The album starts out with a pleasantly sounding introduction called, The Path to Shining. Notes are lightly exaggerated by the guitarist to give the introduction a soothing effect that leads into the next song Maelstrom. Once Maelstrom begins the drums come in pounding like monstrous waves against a drone guitar riff filled sea. Then the vocalist starts growling out the haunting lyrics. To me this song is the epitome of atmospheric Doom Death Metal. All the elements are tied together to making a gloomy piece of music. On the next track appropriately called, My Torment, I can hear Mental Torment staying true to the Death Doom sound on Maelstrom. These guys are extremely consistent with their slow heavy crushing musical theme. I wish there was more variation on this album, but Mental Torment primarily focuses on slow Doom with a Death edge. The last track Tragedy is probably the one song which deviates from the other songs. On Tragedy Mental Torment finishes the album off with a cosmic sounding keyboard layered track. Overall I liked how the album sounded and thought that Mental Torment did a great job presenting their style of Death Doom. Unfortunately after hearing a couple lengthy tracks off this album I was starting to loose interest. In no way am I saying their musicianship and talent caused me to loose interest, but with Death Doom Metal I feel bands need to experiment with their sound to keep listeners fully engaged. “On the Verge” is a decent first display of Mental Tormentʼs talents and may they keep working hard to improve their Death Doom sound. I highly recommend this album for those who love the combination of Death Metal and Doom Metal.
Ccыль

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: May 21 2013, 00:07

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення Jun 6 2013, 14:25
Повідомлення #12

Гости

Рецензия от портала "metal.de
On The Verge... Artikel veröffentlicht am 05.02.2013 | 763 mal gelesen Alles, was man bisher von den Ukrainern MENTAL TORMENT gehört hat, war eine Promo von 2009 ... und ganze vier Jahre später kommt nun das Debütalbum via Solitude Productions. Vier Jahre - das sollte ja eigentlich genug Zeit sein, um ein wirklich rundes Album aufgenommen zu haben. Denke ich mir zumindest noch so, höre dann aber die nächste eher durchschnittliche Death-Doom-Scheibe aus dem Hause Solitude, welche ja nunmal neben einigen wirklichen Hammerbands auch einiges an Mittelmaß gesigned haben. Ja, Death Doom bekommt man geboten, im Falle von MENTAL TORMENT bewegt der sich allerdings auch oft am Rande zum Funeral Doom. Als besonderes Merkmal der Musik könnte man nennen, dass MENTAL TORMENT versuchen, dank Keyboards die meiste Zeit episch-getragen zu klingen - was auch ganz gut funktioniert, aber leider verfügt das Songwriting über zu wenige Höhepunkte, zu wenige Spitzen, um die Getragenheit des Ganzen zum Gänsehautfaktor werden zu lassen. Damit bleiben unter dem Strich acht nette Death-Doom-/Funeral-Doom-Stücke, die man sich mal anhören kann - aber eben nicht muss. Ein paar mehr Finessen im Songwriting braucht's da für's nächste Mal schon.
Ccыль

Рецензия от портала "avenoctum
Ukrainian newcomers Mental Torment are right at home on Solitude. As the cover would suggest, ‘On The Verge…’ is murky, despondent doom-death in the funereal vein, full of giant, crashing riffs and plunging dirges. The theme of the album is the sea, and whilst paeans to the uncaring oceans might seem like a bit of an overdone cliché in funeral doom circles, it’s done incredibly well here. There’s a dizzying momentum at work, the guitars moving in towering swells and monotonous, churning rhythms, with muted, bleak melodies peeking out through the gloom. The riffs have serious weight to them, reminding of Abstract Spirit’s ‘Horror Vacui’ in their abyssal vastness and drawn-out, punishing monotony, backlit by just a faint glow of synth. It sounds overwhelmingly tidal; like being battered endlessly by the indifferent elements in near-total darkness. It’s never dull though, on account of a gradual, searching progression that recalls Ahab’s leaden-yet-surging debut; full of tortured slow-builds to sudden, slow-chugging bursts of renewed urgency, and with forlorn-and-winding melodic leads stretching out to the distant horizon. Mental Torment have a masterful sense of restraint, lulling the listener into a hypnotic daze with seemingly circular dirges and clean passages, before hitting out with massive, mournful riffs that just keep on coming, hammering on the emotions relentlessly until only splintered wreckage remains. I can’t help but name check Mourning Beloveth at this point, on account of how the riffs are allowed space to slowly breathe through calmer lulls, gathering in strength and slowly growing higher until everything finally crashes back in on itself. There are also hints of My Dying Bride’s classic ‘Turn Loose The Swans’ in the sharp guitar-wails, clanging, monolithic riffs and climbing, muted melodies absolutely dripping with despondency. Present too are more grandiose doom riffs reminiscent of MDB’s later work, or perhaps that of Saturnus, dragging themselves out slowly with an imperious gloominess. There are brooding, clean passages, sprinklings of sombre spoken word amidst the guttural growls; hopeful melodic solos tinged with warmth; urgent underpinnings of double-bass pedal ratcheting up the tension. I haven’t identified any specific songs as it all just flows so well together, weaving a rich tapestry that runs for a full 52 minutes without ever growing stale. The overall composition is excellent, with the band members (all seven of them) seeming to be on exactly the same page, bringing a tremendous sense of cohesion and depth. But again- it’s the superb progression that really makes the album. ‘On The Verge…’ has an effortless fluidity about it that is worthy of the album’s concept, and it really knows how to bide its time, slowly and masterfully dredging up some raw and powerful emotions from beneath the expanse of endless grey. (8.5/10 Erich Zann)
Ccыль

Рецензия от портала "metalstorm
Mental Torment - On The Verge 23 January 2013 01. The Path To Shining (intro) 02. Maelstrom 03. My Torment 04. Unspoken Word 05. Cold Rusted Flame 06. I See This End 07. Tragedy 08. The Drowned Man Doom, like all music, can be an odd thing. The gradations between good and, well, not so good can either be just minute shades of grey or clear as day. Take Ukrainian death doomsters Mental Torment. Aside from the fact their album cover isn't likely to medal if MS runs a sequel to our "Best Album Art" contest, their first album, On The Verge doesn't do anything that stands out as particularly innovative or new. In their PR bit Solitude Productions implies this release would be a "precious present for fans of Officium Triste." Not sure about the gift aspect, but if searching for a starting point to describe their sound, OT is as good as any. On The Verge contains a lot of what I found in Officium Triste's latest… doom roaring, melodic-yet-melancholic leads, lots of woe and general sadness going around. There are no "This one time, at doombandcamp, Evoke Thy Lords stuck a flute in their... mix" moments. At this point it seems like I'm on the verge of slamming the band, but go back to that first sentence again. The difference between being a boring, dull copycat and releasing a good album is just shades of charcoal grey. The sound in this, like OT's latest, is (well, weak drums aside) really lush and deep, a perfect way to capture mood laid out in the music. The songs are crafted well, seemingly riding the line between slow development to the point of boredom and slow enough moving to be compelling, somehow maintaining just to the side of "I'm enjoying them." All in all I found the album to be a pleasant surprise and an enjoyable listen. Perhaps adding a few twists and turns to their well-executed tunes Mental Torment might be On The Verge of something great on their sophomore follow-up. But I'm certainly enjoying this for now. Performance: 8 Songwriting: 7 Originality: 6 Production: 8
Ссыль

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Jun 6 2013, 14:29

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення Jun 6 2013, 15:06
Повідомлення #13

Гости

21.03.2013 Mental Tormant - Conclusion (Live in Moscow)

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Jun 7 2013, 16:17

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення Jun 7 2013, 16:13
Повідомлення #14

Гости

Еще одно туровое видео...

21.03.2013 Mental Torment - Maelstrom (Live in Moscow)

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Jun 7 2013, 16:23

+Quote Post
Покинувший форум
повідомлення Jun 11 2013, 00:58
Повідомлення #15

Гости

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Jun 29 2013, 14:46
Повідомлення #16

Неофит

З: Kiev
Користувач №: 54 511
Facebook
Вконтакте

Немного туровых фото...давайте еще раз вспомним, как это было)

Начало трудовой жизни)

17.03.13 Киев

18.03.13 Сумы

19.03.13 Харьков
К сожалению остались без фотографий

20.03.13 Воронеж

21.03.13 Москва

22.03.13 Великий Новгород

23.04.13 Санкт Петербург

24.04.13 Минск

А также, готовы представить вам последнее обновление в нашем гитарном отделе .... "Mayones Regius 6"

Це повідомлення відредагував _Mental_Torment_: Jun 29 2013, 14:48

+Quote Post
manson
повідомлення Jun 29 2013, 16:08
Повідомлення #17

Тусовщик

да, есть чо помянуть вспомнить smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Jun 29 2013, 16:59
Повідомлення #18

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Трудовая...туровая жизнь , помнится долго...) headbanger.gif

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Jul 8 2013, 14:03
Повідомлення #19

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Mental Torment.
I hate your faces.
Художник Владимир Белякович

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Jul 13 2013, 15:21
Повідомлення #20

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Mental Torment - Unspoken Word (Live in Rock House, Dark Lethargy Tour III, Moscow)

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Aug 19 2013, 22:46

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Jul 15 2013, 13:02
Повідомлення #21

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Рецензия от итальянского зина "aristocraziawebzine
La Solitude Productions continua la sua opera d'infoltimento della schiera di lavori doom: l'etichetta pesca con assiduitа internamente all'underground della propria scena nazionale e di quelle limitrofe, trovando sempre qualche buona realtа da presentare. Questa volta и il turno dei Mental Torment. Gli ucraini non hanno una grandissima esperienza: l'unico lavoro rilasciato sino a questo 2013 era infatti il demo "Promo Tracks 2009". Eppure i russi hanno avuto intuito, dando loro una possibilitа: il debutto "On The Verge..", pur attenendosi in maniera ossequiosa a quanto giа reso noto in passato da nomi tutelari quali My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost e Officium Triste, trasporta con sй un carico d'emozioni corposo che sostanzialmente riesce a trasmettere all'ascoltatore tramite uno sviluppo ritmico greve e massiccio, e un dosaggio delle melodie, spesso intinte di sonoritа evocanti strati su strati di malinconia, calibrato e discretamente coadiuvato dall'apporto di sintetizzatori mai invasivi e tesi ad aumentare la sensazione di dilatazione; ciт giova alla definizione dell'impianto atmosferico insito nei brani, in cui come ciliegina sulla torta si pone la piщ che discreta prestazione del cantante. Negare che tanto di quello che ascolterete nel disco sia figlio d'altrui tempi e menti sarebbe fuorviante: non si puт perт nemmeno pensare che un album come questo, nel quale sono contenuti pezzi intensi, delicatamente tormentati e dal piglio comunque tutt'altro che molle, debba passare inosservato. V'invito a saggiare le doti di canzoni quali "Maelstrom", "Unspoken Word", "Cold Rusted Flame" e "The Drowned Man" prima di etichettarli come la "solita minestra riscaldata", commettendo, a mio avviso, l'errore di mettere da parte una band che potrebbe in futuro, ancor piщ che oggi, dire la sua in questo panorama. Del resto "On The Verge..." non и "allungato" in maniera sconsiderata e disdicevole come frequentemente accade nel tentativo di sopperire a una latenza d'idee evidente, nй tantomeno fa denotare carenze particolari nell'ambito legato alla produzione: siamo dinanzi a una prima prova ben piщ che soddisfacente. "Chi ben inizia и a metа dell'opera": detto vecchio e piщ volte ripetuto, ma che in questa situazione cade a fagiuolo. Tenete quindi a mente il nome dei Mental Torment e magari, dopo aver condiviso un po' del vostro tempo in compagnia della loro musica, potreste anche ponderarne l'acquisto. Decisione che se venisse presa in considerazione, non sarebbe errata.
Ссыль

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Jul 15 2013, 13:04

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Aug 13 2013, 01:03
Повідомлення #22

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Итак, спустя длительное время, у нас появился новый логотип от Askold Art
http://vk.com/askoldart
Теперь он будет выглядеть так:

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Oct 2 2013, 23:46

+Quote Post
manson
повідомлення Aug 15 2013, 15:23
Повідомлення #23

Тусовщик

как по мне, предыдущий был лучше)

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Aug 18 2013, 15:06
Повідомлення #24

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Рецензия от веб зина "transcending obscurity"
Picture of Mental Torment - On the Verge... Mental Torment is a Death/Doom Metal band from Ukraine. This region has a lot of talent especially in creating music this wistful and brimming with unexpressed emotions that come out only through the music – such is the place perhaps. There is more than meets the eye or ears for that matter. Initial listens reveal nothing out of the ordinary but damn, this is a layered and intricate beast. Two guitarists and two keyboardists? Even then it seems so minimal, nothing saturating the atmosphere – in fact, the music has little time to breathe, which is the album’s plus point because in this case, play too slowly and do too little and our fickle attention will begin to wane. Here, the band has ensnared the listener in its Deathly grip and slowly coils around it with layers of emotions, one over the other, until the listener crumbles in submission to its plan. The beauty is that the leads are ever floating, the music reminiscent of Despond and the template Mental Torment is using is that of Evoken – both exemplary bands, not appreciated enough especially the former from France, another hotbed for music of this exp​ression. The music takes some time to grow on you, but once attuned to it, it’s magnificent. Once again, the presentation is first class – I can never stop appreciating the gold disc and beautiful artworks contained within, with phrases instead of entire song lyrics highlighting the essence of the songs. Mental Torment is a gem of an album; it’s only with close listens that you will truly admire its beauty. Kunal Choksi
Ccыль

Цитата(manson_voz @ Aug 15 2013, 15:23) *
как по мне, предыдущий был лучше)

каждому свое)

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Aug 19 2013, 21:34
Повідомлення #25

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Рецензия от портала "The Pit of the Damned"
#PER CHI AMA: Doom Gothic, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride Degli ucraini Mental Torment sappiamo che "On the Verge..." è il loro primo full lenght del 2013 dopo un demo del 2009, che il cd esce per la Solitude production e che la band vanta ben otto musicisti, che l'artwork è ben curato e ricercato e che la musica proposta è di elevata e pregevole fattura. Il suono di "On the Verge..." è un caldo vortice di emozioni a rallentatore collegate tra loro da una forza narrativa e progressiva che incanta di malinconico splendore. L'arte musicale scelta dalla band è da ricercarsi nei meandri bui del suono di matrice My Diyng Bride e dei Paradise Lost di "Shades of God" e seppur l'intero lavoro paga il giusto tributo ai suoi predecessori, quest'album gode di una rigenerazione e di una luce che smantella ogni dubbio e alla fine non resta che inchinarsi di fronte a tanta maestria. Questa sua profondità è colta a pieni mani da album come "Tears Laid in Earth", micidiale capolavoro dei The 3rd and the Mortals e la riporta in vita con tutti quei sentimenti di ansia, tormento e resa tipica del doom, anche se qui il lato più poetico e gotico della facciata prevale e colpisce a fondo, non stiamo parlando di stoner doom ma di gothic doom ad elevata potenza emotiva. Potremmo dire che è impossibile resistere a questo album, alla sua voce gutturale così ferrea e posata, suggestiva e trascinante, narratrice e marziale, alle cristalline melodiche chitarre che fanno da contraltare all'incedere di ritmiche pesanti, lente, oppressive e cupe, nerissime ma cariche di fascino oscuro e per certi aspetti romantiche nella loro volontà di decadenza, un suono pieno, completo fin nei più piccoli particolari e carico di tragica speranza, quella che fa dilatare le pupille alla ricerca di una salvezza. Un lavoro decisamente al di sopra della media, un album per disperati, eterni sognatori vestiti di nero. Una delizia dal profondo cuore gotico! (Bob Stoner) (Solitude Productions) Voto: 80 http://mentaltorment.bandcamp.com/album/on-the-verge
Ccыль

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Aug 19 2013, 21:57
Повідомлення #26

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Oct 2 2013, 23:45

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Aug 25 2013, 14:06
Повідомлення #27

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Рецензия от испанского зина!
Si hace poco reseñábamos el ultimo CD de los rusos Who dies in siberian slush, vamos a quedarnos por aquellas tierras, en concreto en Ucrania, para comentar ahora el primer trabajo de Mental Torment. Y no va a ser la cercanía geográfica el único nexo entre ambas bandas, pues las dos apuestan por el Funeral Doom como base sobre la que expresarse. Nada más y nada menos que siete son los miembros que componen el grupo, a saber, un vocalista, dos guitarritas y dos para los teclados, bajista y batería (algo que, al menos desde mis sentidos, tampoco se percibe de manera especial en el resultado final). En cuanto a lo musical, que es lo que nos importa, este "On the verge…" nos brinda un álbum muy reconocible para aquellos que estén habituados a escuchar este género en concreto. Voz gutural y profunda, melodías lentas y cargadas de melancolía, pesadez y tristeza, temas largos, etc. Lo cierto es que, de primeras, uno puede pensar que sólo se trata de un grupo más que pasara sin pena ni gloria entre los medios y el publico de este mundillo, teniendo en cuenta que el Funeral Doom es un estilo que se ha visto potenciado en los últimos años con la aparición de numerosas bandas de mucha calidad ¿Corrobora la música contenida en este CD este primer pensamiento? Sí y no, y me explico. Sin duda, este disco no va a suponer una revolución en la escena extrema, se trata de un álbum puramente genérico, con todo lo que ello conlleva. Sin embargo, es indudable también que el contenido musical tiene un nivel de calidad, en el plano creativo y de ejecución, bastante aceptable y, si eres adorador de esta forma de hacer música, es un álbum cien por cien disfrutable. Dentro del Funeral Doom, navega entre aguas melódicas y oscuras, con ciertas influencias Death, entre unos Officium Triste y unos Evoken, para hacernos una idea. Destacaría el corte cinco, "Cold rusted flame", un tema muy variado en el que el grupo muestra su talento, creando un crisol tremendamente rico en el que bandas tan diferentes como Supuration, de la época del "Incubation", o The Gathering, de la época del "Madylion", pueden ser evocadas por momentos y en el que la agonía, una contemplativa y nostálgica desolación y la épica se entrelazan con notable sabiduría. Sin duda, el mejor tema del cd. Siendo, como es, un trabajo ceñido a un estilo, "On the verge…" no sobresale, pero se muestra notable en su conjunto. Curiosamente, terminaré esta reseña como la empecé, estableciendo un nuevo paralelismo con sus vecinos Who dies in siberian slush, pues, como a estos, a Mental Torment le vendría de maravilla dar un paso adelante a la hora de proponer un estilo más personal y único lo que, como decía, no es óbice para que no se puedan degustar las bondades de este disco.
Ссыль

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Sep 7 2013, 20:16
Повідомлення #28

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Новая рецензия от французского зина..!
Mental Torment Новая рецензия от французского зина..! Pourquoi j'ai adorй Mental Torment? Je n'attends qu'une chose de ce genre: qu'il ternisse ma journйe. Et bien ce disque m'a mis le moral а plat (comme le dernier Paradise Lost ou encore The Dreadful Hours de My Dying Bride). La chute commence par "The path to shining", une splendide introduction calme aux horizons larges et brumeux. Le disque s'annonce bien! "Maelstrom" est imbriquй avec le premier morceau, et rapidement (enfin faзon de parler hein, c'est du doom) on est plongй dans une ambiance dйsespйrйe. Les tourments prennent le temps de s'instaurer, les riffs simples et parfaitement cadrйs laissant de larges divagations jusqu'а l'entrйe dans les territoires mйtalliques а la premiиre minute. Chant guttural de fond de caverne, le morceau part dans des territoires doom trиs 90's. Lent, mйlodique, somptueux, avec un sens йpique qui m'a rappelй certains magnifiques moments de "The Fourth Dimension" d'HYPOCRISY, notamment le bien nommй "Apocalypse". "My torment" confirme la lente dйcrйpitude qui commence а s'emparer de nous avec quelques dissonances bien senties. Soyons clairs, l'originalitй n'est pas au rendez-vous, et d'ailleurs tant mieux. Le groupe dйveloppe sa faзon de ressentir et de nous faire ressentir une mйlancolie profonde. La lenteur y est poussйe jusque dans une graduation du temps agonisante comme un dйsert infini de cendres, restes du monde. Je dйrive tranquillement et ressent cette ambiance prenante comme зa m'йtait autrefois arrivй avec mes premiиres йcoutes de "Turn Loose The Swans" de MY DYING BRIDE. Chaque morceau est liй, ce qui permet de ne pas avoir de discontinuitй dans l'atmosphиre gйnйrale du disque. On pourra aussi penser а l'excellent "The divinity of oceans" d'Ahab pour cette facultй а tenir le propos sur un fil temporel aussi йtirй. Peut кtre aussi que la comparaison m'a йtй soufflйe par l'artwork marin йvoquant la perte dans une tempкte, mais dont la thйmatique n'a pas de rйsonance dans la musique. "Unspoken word" est aussi un morceau majestueux, aux thиmes quasi йpiques. En fait la qualitй du disque dans son ensemble est principalement question de point de vue, car elle pourrait aussi кtre son dйfaut. Il faut le dire, le funeral doom est souvent question de ressenti, il faut le vouloir. Vouloir se mettre dans un йtat d'esprit particulier. Aussi il y a dans cette homogйnйitй une certaine lassitude mais qui а mon goыt est exactement ce qu'il faut. Parallиle impromptu, mais cette lassitude adйquate me rappelle le jeu ps2 "Shadow of the colossus", sorte de quкte йtirйe sans rйel soubresaut hormis les combats titanesques. On y errait souvent sans but dans des paysages magnifiquement dйsolйs, et cette quasi absence d'action en avait fait la principale qualitй et sa grande distinction. Voilа l'image que je me fais de Mental Torment, et c'est prйcisйment ce que j'y cherche, mais aussi ce qui pourra en gкner d'autres. Le froid de l'Ukraine doit aider, pour preuve ce splendide "Cold Rusted Flame" qui prouve que faire du funeral doom ce n'est pas seulement jouer (trиs) lentement, c'est surtout vous filer un cafard de pluie de novembre, comme une bruine constante. Et ce passage en son clair aprиs quelques notes йparses de piano vers 2mn20 ne viendra que rajouter au tableau. Ainsi que le passage йnigmatique peu avant la cinquiиme minute qui amиne а un de mes moments prйfйrйs du disque oщ la mйlancolie devient majestueuse. Les harmonisations parcimonieuses qui surplombent cette voix quasi animale me foutent des frissons, tout comme ce solo simple et mйlodieux. Je rйsiste а la tentation de vous dйcrire chaque titre (mais quand mкme mention spйciale а "I see this end" comme apothйose de la chute), car ce disque m'a accrochй а ce point par les йmotions qu'il a provoquйes en moi, en faisant rйsonner certaines rйfйrences d'un passй que j'idйalise (nostalgique hein). Mais а travers "On the verge", le groupe a aussi eu le bon goыt de dйvelopper, dans les limites cafardeuses mais pourtant trиs fortes du genre, une personnalitй propre, un son et une approche mкlant rйfйrences et nouveaux dйsespoirs. Je suivrais donc les pas cafardeux de ce groupe а l'horizon grisвtre. Merci а eux, que c'est bon parfois de se sentir mal.
Ccыль

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Sep 7 2013, 20:16

+Quote Post
Cherep
повідомлення Sep 10 2013, 14:52
Повідомлення #29

Вконтакте

В эту субботу 14 сентября ожидайте группу на вечеринке Kiev Kills!

+Quote Post
Mental Torment
повідомлення Sep 13 2013, 13:08
Повідомлення #30

Неофит

Facebook
Вконтакте

Ждем всех завтра в 18.00, в Сити Пабе!

Це повідомлення відредагував Mental Torment: Sep 13 2013, 13:08

+Quote Post

3 Сторінки V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 Користувачів переглядають дану тему (1 Гостей і 0 Прихованих Користувачів)
0 Користувачів:

RSS Lo-Fi Версія Поточний час: 28th March 2024 - 13:55
HotLog